Duration: Untimed (approx 25 minutes)
Suitable For: Managers and leaders.
Used For: Management Assessment.
The MDQ is an inventory of management competencies, based on a concept model, which examines 20 key competencies most often encountered in management and work-place settings. It examines 20 competency dimensions across five broad domains:
- Managing Change
- Initiative – Shows Initiative, has positive attitude, self-starter.
- Risk Taking – Takes risks, challenges accepted practice bends rules to make progress.
- Innovation – Originates change, makes things better, produces creative ideas and solutions.
- Flexibility/Adaptability – Adapts quickly to change, responds flexible to people and situations.
- Planning and Organizing
- Analytical thinking – Analyses situations carefully, makes rational judgements and logical decisions.
- Decision Making – Decides quickly, displays confidence, acts independently when necessary.
- Planning – Plans and prioritises work activities, manages time efficiently.
- Quality Focus – Takes Price in Work, Does Job well, gets the detail correct
- Interpersonal Skills
- Oral Communication – Expresses views clearly, makes impact with presentations.
- Sensitivity – Sensitive to people`s needs, involves people in plans and decisions.
- Relationships – Develops strong working relationships, builds rapport quickly.
- Teamwork – Strong team player, works effectively with people.
- Results Orientation
- Achievement – Self-motivated, driven to get ahead, prepared to do whatever it takes.
- Customer Focus – Applies customer concepts, focuses on quality and service.
- Business Awareness – Focuses on bottom line, controls costs, sets ambitious targets.
- Learning Orientation – Exploits opportunities for self-development, energetic, self aware.
- Authority/Presence – Has presence and authority, enjoys being in charge, takes lead.
- Motivating Others – Empowers and motivates team members, delegates tasks effectively.
- Developing People – Coaches and develops team, gives regular feedback
- Resilience – Handles pressure and stress, stays calm and in control.